Monday, November 22, 2010

Winter Wonderland



Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Everyone knows I am a stickler about absolutely NO Christmas until after Thanksgiving. With the snow that we have right now, I am itching to turn on the Christmas tunes. I am refraining, though! Well, it's Grace's first snow, and she loves it. Kevin taught her that eating it is fun, so last night we made periodic trips to the front porch to check on the accumulation and for Grace to grab a couple scoops to eat. How fun! This morning we trekked to the Little Gym and back (that was an adventure!), then played outside for a while before lunch and a nap. Grace did not want to come in, and kept tugging n my jacket, pointing at the snow saying, "please, please, please." Broke my heart, but I was freezing and she needed a nap. It's still coming down out there, so maybe we will get out this afternoon and again tomorrow. I can't wait til she is big enough to understand making snow angels and snowmen! And of course, the excitement and suspense behind going to bed praying for school to be canceled in the morning!

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving this Thursday. So sad to be missing some important people, though (Uncle Danny and Mel!). Kevin and I have started brainstorming our list for Grace, and I am excited about Christmas this year - I think it will be way more interesting than last year for Grace! But, I am getting ahead of myself...the Christmas season starts Friday, silly me!

No comments:

Post a Comment