Tuesday, November 16, 2010


After a crazy night filled with high winds and flickering lights, Grace and I spent a cozy morning inside today! I am hosting a MOPS brunch tomorrow at my house, so I spent some time cleaning up getting ready for that - Grace enjoyed helping. I am so excited for Thanksgiving, and of course the start of the REAL Christmas season. And I just turned on the news to hear them talking about snow for this weekend - cool!

Last week Grace and I had a cook-a-thon. One day we made homemade chicken noodle soup, then baked zucchini bread, and then a couple days later we made persimmon bread. We added some chocolate chips to one loaf, and Grace LOVES that! Because of her peanut allergy, we are pretty limited in chocolate choices due to cross-contamination in the machinery/facilities, but we have found one local brand of chocolate chips that she can definitely have - and that definitely makes her happy! It is so funny to watch her eat the persimmon chocolate chip bread, more like a treasure hunt than eating. She strategically removes each and every one of the chocolate chips, eats them, then if the mood suits her, she may finish off the bread. So funny!

One of Grace's new favorite things to do is draw/color. She knows to do it on paper which may include important adult papers, bills, flashcards, books, and a pad of paper. At least she knows..... She and Grandma Carol had fun tracing hands and feet and using markers while Kevin and I went to the Symphony on Sunday. This gives us some great Christmas ideas, as I am looking forward to fostering this interest of hers!

Tomorrow we have an appointment for Baby #2 and both Grace and Kevin will be going. Looking forward to what the doc has to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment