Sunday, April 8, 2012

My Barefoot Bandita Turns One!


It was a sweet day.  And by sweet, I mean filled with sugar and yummy goodies.  And of course, my sweet girl was turning one.  Although Emma was casually late to her party, taking a slightly extended morning nap and then of course beautifying herself, she had a blast once she arrived at Hello Cupcake. 

Family came from out of town, and her favorite friends were there as well.  She didn't seem interested in the healthy snacks Mommy brought for everyone, but when you've got cupcakes, who needs fiber and protein?! Apparently Grace!


Mommy and Daddy made a wish on Emma's behalf, and Grace helped blow out the candle.



The cupcake was a hit.  In fact, I think I saw Emma steal some bites from other people's cupcakes, too!  Opening presents was fun, and lucky for Emma, we had some great helpers on our hands. 

Lots of books, some really cute outfits, fun outdoor toys, money for the college account, gift cards, and my personal fav - the Old School Sesame Street Collection from the 70's and 80's!



 Grace even scored some fabulous new accessories, but Emma could care less about those!  She won't even keep her socks on much less wear shades or pretty headbands.

I think it's safe to say a great time was had by all.  There was the occasional spilt milk, but I don't believe anyone cried over it.  And we even had a gloriously sunny afternoon greet us on our way out.  Doesn't get much better than that!  (And thanks to the awesome friends and family members that took these pictures.  My hands are always full, and without you I would never have any pictures of my family.  You rock!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment